Poster printer – HP DesignJet Z6 24″
The Library offers high quality, large-format poster printing as a service.
Interested in learning more? Email [email protected] with your questions.
Submit a print request
Large-format printing services are available to SWAN library cardholders in good standing.
- File Format: PDF, JPG, or TIFF — For best results, the resolution for raster files or embedded elements should be at least 300 dpi.
- Maximum dimensions: 24″ × 48″
- Please note that borderless printing is not available for the full 24″ width. The printer can print an image up to 23.6″ wide on the 24″ roll (0.2″ margins on each edge).
- For items larger than 24″ × 48″, please contact the Makery staff for a consultation.
- Paper: HP Super Heavyweight Plus Matte Paper (10.4 mils, 224 gsm)
What we need to know
When requesting a print, include the following information with your file:
- Name and library card number
- Print dimensions
- File type — PDF, JPG, or TIFF
- Color mode — Full color or greyscale
Files may be submitted by email (up to a maximum of 25 MB) or in person on a USB flash drive.
Submissions will be handled in the order in which they are received. Staff will contact you when your print is ready to pick up. (Tools, including a paper cutter, craft knives, and cutting mats are available for you to trim your piece to size.)
Prints are priced at $0.75 per linear inch, rounded to the nearest dollar. Currently, all jobs are printed on a 24″ wide roll.
Prices for common sizes
- 11″ × 17″ — $8
- 16″ × 20″ — $12
- 18″ × 24″ — $14
- 24″ × 36″ — $27
- 24″ × 48″ — $36
If you print size is not listed above, follow these guidelines to determine how much your print will cost.
- If both dimensions of your print are 24″* or less, multiply the smaller dimension by $0.75 and round to the nearest dollar.
- If one dimension is greater than 24″, multiply the larger dimension by $0.75 and round to the nearest dollar.
*Please note that borderless printing is not available for the full 24″ width. The printer can print an image up to 23.6″ wide on the 24″ roll with 0.2″ margins on each edge.
After you submit a file, a staff member will review the job. We will contact you to confirm the price before printing.
Contact the Makery staff at [email protected]