Assistant Librarian in Adult Services
Full Time or Part Time:
Starting salary from $19.77/hour
Benefits include: paid time off including vacation, personal, and sick time
The Westmont Public Library is seeking a creative, innovative, and friendly individual with excellent communication skills and a strong customer service philosophy to join our Adult Services team as an Assistant Librarian. Qualified applicants will enjoy serving a diverse public, be proficient working with a variety of technology, and be organized and efficient.
Primary duties involve working at the adult services desk answering questions, providing readers’ advisory, and assisting with computer questions. The Assistant Librarian also has the opportunity to provide programming and collection development support to Adult Services staff. In addition to departmental responsibilities, staff members have opportunities to participate on committees, advance their professional development, and represent the library at special events.
- Provide basic reference and readers advisory service to patrons
- Assist patrons in finding Library materials and using online resources
- Assist patrons in use of computers and library equipment; troubleshoot as necessary
- Create and maintain displays as assigned
- Assist with the development, presentation, and promotion of programs
- Assist with the evaluation and selection of materials in assigned areas
The successful candidate is collaborative, enjoys working with a diverse population, is proficient with technology, and has a knowledge of adult literature. Two years of customer service experience required and an LTA or bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience may be considered in place of the degree requirement.
Please click HERE to see the complete job description.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references, ATTN: Natalie DeJonghe, Manager of Adult Services, at [email protected].
This position will remain open until filled.
The Westmont Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.