Notary Public Services
Westmont Public Library has notary services available by appointment Monday through Saturday, subject to notary availability. Walkins may also be accommodated based on notary availability. *
* If you have more than 5 documents to be notarized, an appointment is required.
If you have questions or would like to book an appointment for document notarization, please contact [email protected] or call the Main Desk at 630 869 6160.
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
- A valid, unexpired photo ID with signature, issued by a US state or federal government.
- Completed, unsigned documents. Documents must be signed in front of a Notary. Notaries may not notarize a document with any blank spaces.
- Witnesses, if required. We cannot provide witnesses for you, and library patrons may not be solicited to act as witnesses.
- $1 fee per notary stamp.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- We cannot “certify a copy” (verify that the reproduction of an original document is a true, complete, and correct copy of the original). We can notarize your written affirmation that it is a true copy.
- We are unable to notarize the following:
• Documents written in any language other than English.
• Cook County real estate transaction documents. We reserve the right to decline to notarize any document.
Alternative options for notary services in the area include:
Village of Westmont – Clerk’s Office
31 W Quincy, Westmont, IL 60559
630 981 6222
Downers Grove Public Library
1050 Curtiss Street, Downers Grove, IL 60515
630 960 1200
Bank of America
139 N Cass, Westmont, IL 60559
630 964 1000
Krimson Security & Fingerprinting Inc.
15 S Cass, Westmont, IL 60559
331 251 6142