The Westmont Public Library offers volunteer opportunities for teens in grades 6-12. A student is considered a teen the summer before they start 6th grade. Please read below carefully as our teen volunteering process has changed.
Contact the Teen Services Librarian at [email protected] or 630 869 6165 with any general questions regarding teen volunteering.
Teens may now sign up for volunteer opportunities using our Event Calendar. Below will show all opportunities available. Check back on the 15th of each month to see opportunities for next month.
Please click on the link for the volunteering opportunities that you are interested in. Sign up for each day and timeslot individually.
- Cleaning Toys – Saturday, March 25th from 10:00 – 11:00 am
- Cleaning Toys – Saturday, April 1st from 11:00 – noon
- Cleaning Toys – Monday, April 3rd from 6:00 – 7:00 pm
- Cleaning Toys – Saturday, April 8th from 10:00 – 11:00 am
- Cleaning Toys – Monday, April 10th from 6:00 – 7:00 pm
- Cleaning Toys – Saturday, April 15th from 11:00 – noon
- Cleaning Toys – Monday, April 17th from 6:00 – 7:00 pm
- Prepare Program Supplies – Wednesday, April 19th from 5:00 – 6:00 pm
- Prepare Program Supplies – Wednesday, April 19th from 6:00 – 7:00 pm
- Cleaning Toys – Saturday, April 22nd from 10:00 – 11:00 am
Teens who are looking to build their resume and develop job skills can apply to volunteer at the Library. This process will include an interview and orientation. Volunteers will be assigned a shift every week to assist librarians in tasks that may include preparing for programs, finding books, cleaning, and other general duties. A limited number of these opportunities will be available.
The application is currently closed. Please check back in April when will have more opportunities available.
Digital volunteers receive a list of tasks they can do online and at home. Volunteers can do as many tasks as they wish to achieve their hours in whatever time frame works best for them. Teens will be asked to re-apply when they have not submitted any tasks for one month.
If you are interested in being a teen digital volunteer, please fill out the application form.
Volunteer opportunities are for currently enrolled junior high and high school students only. Positions are unpaid. For more information on volunteering at the library, read our Volunteer and Community Service Policy.