Need help researching a topic or using Library services? Book a librarian!
- Want to learn about computers and how to use the Internet?
- Curious about how our online catalog works?
- Have questions about downloadable ebooks?
Please fill out the form and a member of staff will respond.
Get out and vote!
The Westmont Public Library is happy to provide DuPage County residents with voter registration services during regular Library hours. You must bring two forms of identification, and one must show your current address. Naturalized citizens must know the date and location of their naturalization. Voter registration closes thirty days prior to every election (local, state, and federal). Please note that our registrars can be quite busy during the last week of registration. To avoid a long wait, please register early. You can find more information about voter registration and upcoming elections at the DuPage County Election website.
Westmont Public Library has notary services available by appointment Monday through Saturday, subject to notary availability. Walk-ins may also be accommodated based on notary availability.*
*If you have more than 5 documents to be notarized, an appointment is required.
If you have questions or would like to book an appointment for document notarization, please contact [email protected] or call the Main Desk at 630 869 6160.
Your notary appointment
What to bring to your appointment
- A valid, unexpired photo ID with signature, issued by a US state or federal government.
- Completed, unsigned documents. Documents must be signed in front of a Notary. Notaries may not notarize a document with any blank spaces.
- Witnesses, if required. We cannot provide witnesses for you, and library patrons may not be solicited to act as witnesses.
- $1 fee per notary stamp.
Things to know before your appointment
- We cannot “certify a copy” (verify that the reproduction of an original document is a true, complete, and correct copy of the original). We can notarize your written affirmation that it is a true copy.
- We are unable to notarize the following:
- Documents written in any language other than English.
- Cook County real estate transaction documents.
- We reserve the right to decline to notarize any document.
Other notary services in the area include:
Village of Westmont – Clerk’s Office
31 W Quincy, Westmont
630 981 6222
Downers Grove Public Library
1050 Curtiss Street, Downers Grove
630 960 1200
Hinsdale Public Library
20 E Maple St, Hinsdale
630 986 1976
Villa Park Library
305 Ardmore Ave, Villa Park
630 834 1164
Do you need to have a test proctored? We can help!
The Westmont Public Library offers free proctoring to Westmont residents. Non-residents may also take advantage of this service for a $20 fee per test.
Please call our Adult Services help desk at 630 869 6155 to set up an appointment with one of our five qualified proctors. You can also email them at [email protected].
While we do our best to meet your scheduling needs, our appointment times fill up quickly so please provide us with a few available dates and times for your proctored sessions.
Are you homebound? We will bring the Library to you!
Homebound service is available to Westmont Public Library cardholders who cannot make it to the Library due to illness, injury or disability.
How to sign up
You can register for Homebound Service by contacting Adult Services at 630 869 6155 or [email protected]. You will be contacted to discuss the types of materials that interest you.
Delivery is scheduled on the first Saturday of the month, except for holiday weekends.
- March 2
- April 6
- May 4
- June 1
- July 13—one week late due to the holiday
- August 3
- September 7
- October 5
- November 2
- December 7— pick up only
Westmont Public Library partners with Interfaith Community Partners for homebound delivery service.
Residents can place their old or damaged flags in the collection box in the Library lobby during regular Library hours. The American Legion will retire the flags properly.