- For the rest of the growing season, be sure to check out our straw bale and raised bed gardens, located in front of the Library. We recently expanded our garden from straw bales only, to include the raised beds. The beds and trellises were installed as part of an Eagle Scout Project for a local scout troop in 2021. All produce harvested from the Library garden is donated to People’s Resource Center here in Westmont.
- Every Tuesday morning starting at 9 am, two Master Gardeners from the University of Illinois Extension will be onsite tending to the garden. Feel free to drop by for a visit and to ask all your burning gardening questions!
- Visit our Westmont Village Adopt-a-Planters on the northeast corner of Cass and Irving (across the street from China Chef). This is a Village initiative to beautify downtown and we are proud to be participating.
- Did you know we are a monarch waystation? The butterfly garden at the north end of the building is planted with natives designed to attract monarchs and give them a resting place during their migrations.
- We would like to thank the Friends of the Westmont Public Library for generously donating soil and seeds, a new composting bin, and our new circulating kit of gardening tools.
Happening year ’round…
- We recently added a set of gardening tools to our circulating collection. It comes with everything you need to start your garden. Check it out, plant your garden, and return it. It’s that simple.
- Visit the Westmont Public Seed Library (located in the Adult Services Department on the first floor) any time during the year for a selection of seeds to start your next garden.
Westmont Gardening Club
Join us on the first Tuesday of every month from 6:30 – 7:45 pm for Westmont Gardening Club! Unless noted otherwise, meetings will be held in the first floor Community Meeting Room. Please register on our event calendar with an email address to receive reminders, agendas, and special notifications.