You’re invited to Westmont Public Library’s Maker Fair!
Maker Fair will be a free and open celebration of creativity, hosted at the library on the afternoon of Saturday, April 21, 2018 from noon – 4 pm.
For questions or more information, contact us at [email protected].
What will you find at the Maker Fair?
Join us for a variety of exhibits, demonstrations, and opportunities to try new creative endeavors yourself:
- Alina Mechelewski — Fiber arts exhibit & demos
- Ashley Frye of Paper Love Club — Hands-on calligraphy demonstration
- Ashley Radomski — Special effects makeup techniques
- Christine Struzynski of Paisley Paint Box — Art journaling and interactive collage demonstration
- Christopher Davis of Computer Immersion, LLC — Hands-on learning with squishy circuits
- David Ellis of College of DuPage Welding Lab — Welding examples & interactive virtual welding simulator
- Leslie Johnson — Shell art display
- Merle Margolis — Exhibit of drawings and paintings
- Miles Szczurek of AMX3d, Inc. — Collaborative mural making with 3D pens
- Morgan Golias of Splattered Shoes Ceramics — Ceramics exhibit & leaf-print plate demo
- Patrick Ege, Industrial Designer — Interactive idea building clinic & prototyping examples
- Patty Heinze of Mathilde’s Pantry — Home canning demonstration
- Sinovi, LEGO builder — LEGO piggy banks display
- Susan O’Bryan of Westmont Library Knit Clique — Jewelry techniques and knitting & crochet examples
- Tammy L. Deck of TLD Design Center — Hand-weaving interactive craft
You can also learn about the many ways you can explore your creative side with the library’s Makery collection:
- 3D Printing with the library’s Lulzbot TAZ printer
- Creative crafting with the Silhouette Cameo vinyl cutter
- Fab fabric fabrication with the library’s sewing machines
- Carving and engraving with the Carvey CNC