Are you an artist, tinkerer, crafter, or maker?
You’re invited to participate in Westmont Public Library’s Maker Fair!
We’re looking for individuals, organizations, and businesses from the community to show off their creations, do demonstrations, and mix and mingle with other makers and attendees. Maker Fair will be a free and open celebration of creativity, hosted at the library on the afternoon of Saturday, April 21, 2018 from noon – 4 pm.
If you’d like to be a part, fill out an application here or pick one up at the library. Please note that there will be no sales allowed during the fair, but we encourage you to make connections, spread inspiration, swap skills, and talk about your latest, most exciting projects!
For questions or more information, contact us at [email protected].
What will you find at the Maker Fair?
Here are just a few of the exhibits and demonstrations we have lined up:
- 3D “Printing” Pens — Help draw a collaborative mural and learn about FDM (fused deposition modeling).
- Canning Safely at Home — Discover how to preserve jams, pickles, and other foods.
- Basic Electronics for Kids — Explore conductivity by playing with squishy circuits.
- Hand-crafted Cookie Decoration — Enjoy a demonstration in the art of making food beautiful.
- 3D Printing with the library’s Lulzbot TAZ printer
- Creative crafting with the Silhouette Cameo vinyl cutter
- Fab fabric fabrication with the library’s sewing machines
- Carving and engraving with the Carvey CNC