Get a Library Card
All Westmont village residents are invited to become members of the Westmont Public Library!
To obtain a library card please bring in a valid driver’s license or state ID card with your Westmont address. If the address on your ID card is incorrect, simply bring in a recent piece of official mail, ie: current utility bill, bank statement, pre-printed checks, mortgage or lease with your name and current address.
A few things to note:
- If you are under 18 years old, a parent or guardian needs to be present.
- Your new library card will be valid for three years unless you move out of Westmont before that time.
- If you have had a library card in Illinois before, you need to clear up fines and/or overdue items in order to receive a Westmont card.
- Non-resident cards are available for a fee.
- If you already have a Westmont Public Library card and need to update your personal information, replace your existing card, or renew your expired card, you may do so in person at the Library’s Main Desk.
Register For a Library Card Online
Eligible for a Library Card? Register online, then pick up your card in person at the library with a photo ID and proof of Westmont address.
Non Residents & Unincorporated Areas
Do you live in an unincorporated part of Westmont, Downers Grove, Oak Brook or Darien?
If we are the closest library to your home, you can purchase a Westmont Public Library card (or cards) for your household that are good for the entire year! For more details, see our Non Resident page.