Friends of the Library
Join the Friends of the Library!
The next Friends of the Library Board meeting is on Tuesday, January 11, at 11 am. This will be an in-person meeting. Note: Due to the latest CDC guidelines and the local transmission rate, masks are required at all indoor Library programs.
The Friends are a group of volunteers who help the library expand its services to the community by raising money through ongoing book sales in the library lobby, and funding special programs and additional equipment. The Friends of the Westmont Public Library is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization.
Become a Friend of the Library:
Fill out a membership form online or in person at the library.
Support the Friends through AmazonSmile:
Choose to support the Friends of the Westmont Public Library, and the Friends will receive a donation whenever you shop at smile.amazon.com.
Advantages of being a member
- Dues help support special programs and equipment for the library
- Contribute to the community
- Develop leadership and fundraising skills
- Network with new friends
- Volunteer opportunities that can fit your schedule
- Individual — $10.00
- Family — $15.00
- Corporate levels (Corporation/name will be listed on the Friend’s webpage and mentioned in the next published library newsletter after your donation is received.)
- Platinum — $300
- Gold — $200
- Silver — $100
- Other donations
Your eligible contribution is tax deductible. For more information contact the Friends at 630 869 6150 ext 5170 or [email protected].
Become a Friend of the Library today by filling out this online membership form or stopping by the library. The membership year extends from January to December.
- Lalitha Darbha — Platinum
- Kathy Kubik – Platinum
- Bill & Rose Kirk – Silver
- John & Nancy Martens – Silver
- Mr & Mrs. Patricia & Ronald Mangelsdorf – Silver
- Joan Swigon – Silver
- Prairie Area Reading Council – Silver
- Rajesh Parikh – Silver
- President: Lalitha Darbha
- Vice President & Interim Secretary: Srividhya Viswanath
- Interim Treasurer: Jean Law
All meetings start at 11 am and are held in the first floor Community Meeting Room. The meeting dates for 2021 are on Tuesdays: January 12, March 9, May 11, July 13, September 28, and November 9.
Ongoing Book Sale
We no longer accept donations for our book sale. Feel free to contact one of these organizations instead:
- SCARCE — https://www.scarce.org/book-rescue/
- Goodwill — http://www.amazinggoodwill.com/donating/donor-guidelines
- Cancer Federation — 800-962-3260
- Cradles to Crayons — 773-879-9002