Friends of the Library
Join the Friends of the Library!
The next Friends of Library meeting is on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
The Friends are a group of volunteers who help the library expand its services to the community by raising money through used book sale in the library lobby, assisting with various library programs, and funding special programs and additional equipment. The Friends of the Westmont Public Library is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization.
Become a Friend of the Library: fill out a membership form online or in person at the library.
Advantages of being a member
- Dues help support special programs and equipment for the library
- Contribute to the community
- Develop leadership and fundraising skills
- Network with new friends
- Admission to Friends’ special events
- Volunteer opportunities that can fit your schedule
- Individual — $5.00
- Family — $10.00
- Corporate levels (Corporation/name will be listed on the Friend’s webpage and mentioned in the next published library newsletter after your donation is received.)
- Platinum — $300
- Gold — $200
- Silver — $100
- Other donations
Your eligible contribution is tax deductible. For more information contact the Friends at 630 969 5625 x360 or [email protected].
Become a Friend of the Library today by filling out this online membership form or stopping by the library. The membership year extends from January to December.
- Wilson Companies, Westmont, IL — Platinum
- Mr & Mrs. Patricia & Ronald Mangelsdorf – Silver
- Sudha K. Yalamanchi – Silver
- Westmont Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau – Silver
- President: Rajesh Parikh
- Vice President: Lalitha Darbha
- Treasurer: Steven Vargas
- Secretary: Janis Madaus
First Tuesday of February, May, August, November, at 7:00 p.m. in the first floor community room.
Ongoing Book Sale
In preparation for our upcoming renovations, we are not accepting donations for our book sale at this time. Feel free to contact one of these organizations instead:
- SCARCE — https://www.scarce.org/book-rescue/
- Goodwill — http://www.amazinggoodwill.com/donating/donor-guidelines
- Cancer Federation — 800-962-3260
- Cradles to Crayons — 773-879-9002