Friends of the Library
The Friends are a group of volunteers who help the library expand its services to the community by:
- Raising money through used book sales in the lobby of the library every day.
- Assisting with various library programs.
- Funding special programs and additional equipment.
For more information phone the Friends at: 630-969-5625 ext. 360.
Quarterly Meeting Dates
First Tuesday of February, May, August and November. 7:00 p.m. in the second floor meeting room.
Ongoing Book Sale
Friends of the Library sponsor an ongoing book sale in the lobby of the library. Great books are available at bargain prices during regular library hours. Anyone can donate their gently used books, DVDs, or CDs to the Friends Book Sale by dropping off items in the lobby during regular library hours.
Advantages of being a member
- Receive a special library card with a gold WPL logo.
- Your dues help support special programs and equipment for the library.
- Your volunteer time helps raise funds.
- Volunteers enjoy the satisfaction of promoting reading and library services to the community.
Become a member
- Pick up a brochure at the Main Desk.
- Fill out the form.
- Leave the form and your dues at the Main Desk or mail it to the address on the brochure.
- $5.00 per year for an individual.
- $10.00 per year for a family.
- There are also Good Friend and Benefactor memberships available.