Steam the latest titles on your computer or mobile device with the following services.
Check out up to 6 titles per month from Hoopla’s selection of ebooks, audiobooks, movies, music, comics, and TV shows. Note: Beginning December 10, you will need your library card number and your PIN to log into Hoopla. You can reset your PIN using the Forgot my PIN link or by visiting the Main Desk.
Ebooks, audiobooks, and comics check out for 3 weeks, music for 1 week, and movies and TV shows for 3 days.
Enjoy streaming movies—including feature films, documentaries, independent titles, and more—on your computer or mobile device. You can check out up to 6* titles per month, each available to watch for 3 days.
*Content from The Great Courses is now available to enjoy on an unlimited basis and does not count towards the 6 title limit.
Help & Instructions
For one-on-one assistance with using a service on your device or computer, Book a Librarian.
Check out movies, music, ebooks, and more from Hoopla for computers
- Go to hoopladigital.com and click on Log In at the top right of the screen.
- Click Sign Up Now, choose Westmont Public Library, and then create an account by entering an email address, creating a password, and entering your library card number.
- To search, enter a title or author into the search bar at the top of the screen. To browse, scroll to the media type (Audiobooks, Movies, etc) and click Browse All.
- To check out, click an individual title, then click Borrow on the item page. You may borrow up to 6 items per calendar month.
- Click on the hoopla logo at the top left to return to the home screen and see your borrowed content.
- Click on your borrowed content to watch, listen, or read.
Check out movies, music, ebooks, and more from Hoopla for tablets and smartphones.
- Download the Hoopla app from the iOS App Store (for iPads and iPhones), Google Play Store (for Android devices), or Amazon App Store (for Kindle Fire HDX).
- Tap “Don’t have an account? Sign up” and search for Westmont Public Library
- Create an account by entering an email address, creating a password, and entering your library card number. Tap Sign Up at the bottom when done.
- To search, tap the magnifying glass in the upper right. To browse, tap on the category you’d like to explore.
- To check out, tap an individual title, then tap Borrow on the item page. Your content will begin to download. You may borrow up to 6 items per calendar month.
- Tap on My Hoopla to watch, listen to, or read your borrowed content.
Watch movies with Media On Demand for computers
- Go to mediaondemand.org and Sign In with your library card number and SWAN PIN.
- Search or browse for movies.
- To view a short preview of the movie, click Sample. The preview will open in a new browser tab.
- To check out, click Borrow. The movie will now be available to view from your Bookshelf.
- Click Play (Streaming Video) from your Bookshelf to begin watching. The movie will open in a new browser tab.
- To return a movie early, click Return Title. (Note: If you play or download a title, its Return Title button will disappear.)
Watch movies with Media On Demand for tablets and smartphones
- Download the Overdrive Media Console app.
- Tap the list menu and add Westmont Public Library (Media on Demand Public Library) to your favorites.
- Tap on Media on Demand Public Library and Sign In (top right corner) using your library card number and SWAN PIN.
- Search or browse for streaming videos.
- To check out, select Play.
- The video will open in the Overdrive Media Console app.