Steam the latest titles on your computer or mobile device with the following services.
Check out up to 6 titles per month from Hoopla’s selection of ebooks, audiobooks, movies, music, comics, and TV shows.
Ebooks, audiobooks, and comics check out for 3 weeks, music for 1 week, and movies and TV shows for 3 days.
Enjoy streaming movies—including feature films, documentaries, independent titles, and more—on your computer or mobile device. You can check out up to 6 titles per month, and each title will be available to watch for 3 days.
Help & Instructions
For one-on-one assistance with using a service on your device or computer, Book a Librarian.
Check out movies, music, ebooks, and more from Hoopla for computers
- Go to hoopladigital.com and click on Log In at the top right of the screen.
- Click Sign Up Now, choose Westmont Public Library, and then create an account by entering an email address, creating a password, and entering your library card number.
- To search, enter a title or author into the search bar at the top of the screen. To browse, scroll to the media type (Audiobooks, Movies, etc) and click Browse All.
- To check out, click an individual title, then click Borrow on the item page. You may borrow up to 6 items per calendar month.
- Click on the hoopla logo at the top left to return to the home screen and see your borrowed content.
- Click on your borrowed content to watch, listen, or read.
Check out movies, music, ebooks, and more from Hoopla for tablets and smartphones.
- Download the Hoopla app from the iOS App Store (for iPads and iPhones), Google Play Store (for Android devices), or Amazon App Store (for Kindle Fire HDX).
- Tap “Don’t have an account? Sign up” and search for Westmont Public Library
- Create an account by entering an email address, creating a password, and entering your library card number. Tap Sign Up at the bottom when done.
- To search, tap the magnifying glass in the upper right. To browse, tap on the category you’d like to explore.
- To check out, tap an individual title, then tap Borrow on the item page. Your content will begin to download. You may borrow up to 6 items per calendar month.
- Tap on My Hoopla to watch, listen to, or read your borrowed content.
Watch movies with Media On Demand for computers
- Go to mediaondemand.org and Sign In with your library card number and SWAN PIN.
- Search or browse for movies.
- To view a short preview of the movie, click Sample. The preview will open in a new browser tab.
- To check out, click Borrow. The movie will now be available to view from your Bookshelf.
- Click Play (Streaming Video) from your Bookshelf to begin watching. The movie will open in a new browser tab.
- To return a movie early, click Return Title. (Note: If you play or download a title, its Return Title button will disappear.)
Watch movies with Media On Demand for tablets and smartphones
- Download the Overdrive Media Console app.
- Tap the list menu and add Westmont Public Library (Media on Demand Public Library) to your favorites.
- Tap on Media on Demand Public Library and Sign In (top right corner) using your library card number and SWAN PIN.
- Search or browse for streaming videos.
- To check out, select Play.
- The video will open in the Overdrive Media Console app.