Help & Instructions
For one-on-one assistance with using a service on your device or computer, Book a Librarian.
Check out ebooks and audiobooks from cloudLibrary for tablets and smartphones
- Download the cloudLibrary App from the iOS App Store (for iPads and iPhones), Google Play Store (for Android devices), or Amazon Fire App Store (for Kindle Fire).
- Tap on Connect to my library and tap on United States then Illinois and then Westmont Public Library.
- Enter your Westmont library card number where it says Library Card ID.
- Search or browse for ebooks.
- To check out, tap on the book or audiobook you wish to borrow and then tap on the Borrow button.
- Go to My Books and tap on the cover to read the ebook or listen to the audiobook. To return an item, tap on Return and then tap on Return on the individual item you wish to return.
Check out ebooks from cloudLibrary for computers
- Go to http://ebook.3m.com/library/westmontpl.
- Click Login in the upper right corner. Enter your library card number, check “I Accept”, and click Login.
- Click Download App in the upper right corner. From the left menu, click either Download App for Mac OS or Download App for Windows, then download and install it to your computer.
- Select United States, Illinois, and Westmont Public Library from the dropdown menus. Enter your library card number. You do not need to enter a password. Click Login.
- Use the Browse or Search buttons at the top to find titles. Click Borrow to select a title, then click Borrow again to check out the item.
- To read, click MyBooks at the top of the screen, then click the item’s cover image. To return an item, click List View in the upper right. Click the red Return button to the right of a title to return it early.